Apply for the Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Dental Technology (PGDipCDTech) through the Dunedin campus in 2017Apply Now
The Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Dental Technology (PGDipCDTech) involves formal education, teaching and clinical practice in a course that is either one year full-time or two years part-time. The full-time programme is held at the Faculty of Dentistry in Dunedin, and the part-time programme involves distance based teaching with two clinical teaching blocks of two weeks each per year in Dunedin. The programme, which includes three papers (DTEC 401 Complete Denture Prosthodontics, DTEC 402 Partial Denture Prosthodontics, and DTEC 403 Dental Health), is for dental technicians who wish to obtain training in Clinical Dental Technology and is designed to enable graduates to practise clinical procedures safely and restore the dentition using either complete or removable dentures.
Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Dental Technology (PGDipCDTech)
Regulations for the Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Dental Technology (PGDipCDTech)
Admission to the Programme
- Admission to the programme shall be subject to the approval of the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Health Sciences) on the advice of the Faculty of Dentistry.
- Every applicant shall present evidence of ability for advanced level study.
Structure of the Programme
- The programme of study shall comprise the following papers:
Duration of the Programme
The duration of the programme shall be one academic year of full-time study.
- A candidate must pass formal examinations in all the papers for the diploma.
- A candidate who fails an examination may, on the recommendation of the examiners, be permitted by the Faculty to be re-examined at another time.
Level of Award of the Diploma
The diploma may be awarded with distinction or with credit.
On the recommendation of the Faculty, the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Health Sciences) may, in exceptional circumstances, approve a course of study which does not comply with these regulations.
Note: The due date for applications for enrolment in the programme is 31 May in the year preceding that in which the programme is to be undertaken.