Apply for the Postgraduate Diploma in Commerce (PGDipCom)Apply Now
The Postgraduate Diploma in Commerce (PGDipCom) is a one-year paper- or dissertation-based programme, and is designed for graduates seeking to enhance their undergraduate degree and career prospects. Its status is similar to that of the Bachelor of Commerce with Honours (BCom(Hons)) degree, and it may be awarded with distinction or credit. It also comprises the first year of the Master of Commerce (MCom) degree.
The PGDipCom programme normally contains the papers required for the fourth year of the Honours programme in the subject concerned. Applicants must hold a Bachelor's degree in the subject concerned, and have achieved appropriate grades.
- Information Science
- International Business
- Marketing Management
For further information regarding the Postgraduate Diploma in Commerce degree.
Tel 64 3 479 8149,
Postgraduate Diploma in Commerce (PGDipCom) in Management
Regulations for the Postgraduate Diploma in Commerce (PGDipCom)
Admission to the Programme
- Admission to the programme shall be subject to the approval of the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Commerce).
- Every applicant shall
- either have been admitted to the degree of Bachelor of Commerce majoring in the subject or subjects of study proposed
- or have been admitted with the status of one who is entitled to proceed to the diploma.
Subjects of Study
The diploma may be awarded in any one of the subjects, or in an approved combination of the subjects listed above.
Structure of the Programme
- Every programme of study shall satisfy the requirements for the subject concerned.
- With the permission of the Heads of the Departments concerned, a candidate may substitute a paper of another subject for one of the required papers.
- Any required dissertation or research essay must be submitted no later than 1 October or 1 November as determined by the Head of Department.
Prerequisites, Corequisites and Restrictions
Every programme of study shall satisfy the requirements for prerequisites, corequisites and restrictions set out in the Prescriptions (published in the Guide to Enrolment).
Duration of the Programme
The programme may be taken by full-time candidates in one year, or by part-time candidates over a period of up to three years. Any paper in which a candidate is enrolled in any year shall be examined in that year.
Level of Award of the Diploma
The diploma may be awarded with distinction or with credit.
Diploma in a Second Subject
A student who has obtained the diploma in one subject may become a candidate for the diploma in any other subject.
The Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Commerce) may in exceptional circumstances approve a course of study which does not comply with these regulations.
Note: The due date for applications for first enrolment in the programme is 10 December. Late applications will be considered.