As a field of knowledge, higher education crosses the boundaries of other knowledge areas that are taught at tertiary level. The study of higher education is concerned primarily with critical inquiry into, and the reflective application of best practice in teaching and learning in the various knowledge areas. It includes research into the nature of universities and other tertiary institutions and the way in which academic work within these institutions is constructed. Higher education also encompasses the development of professional competence, leadership and management in the tertiary sector.
Higher Education Development Centre
- Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Eduation (PGCertHighE)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education (PGCertHighE) endorsed in Clinical Teaching
- Postgraduate Diploma in Higher Education (PGDipHighE)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Higher Education (PGDipHighE) endorsed in Clinical Teaching
- Master of Higher Education (MHEd)
See the full list of Higher Education (HEDU) papers.
Master of Higher Education (MHEd)
Note: HEDU 501, HEDU 502, HEDU 503 are also available through Distance Learning.