The University of Otago is the only university in New Zealand to offer study in Physical Education at Bachelor's, Master's and Doctoral levels.
If you decide to undertake a Bachelor of Physical Education (BPhEd) degree you must take a fixed 100-level course.
At 200-level and beyond it is possible to major in one of four areas of Physical Education: Exercise and Sport Science, Physical Activity and Health, Professional Studies, or Sport and Leisure Studies.
School of Physical Education, Sport and Exercise Sciences
See the qualification pages below for the programme requirements.
- Bachelor of Physical Education (BPhEd)
- Bachelor of Physical Education with Honours (BPhEd(Hons))
- Postgraduate Diploma in Physical Education (PGDipPE)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Outdoor Education (PGDipOE)
- Master of Physical Education (MPhEd)
- Master of Dance Studies (MDanceSt)
See the full list of Physical Education (PHSE) papers.
Postgraduate Diploma in Outdoor Education (PGDipOE)
Postgraduate Diploma in Physical Education (PGDipPE)