Upcoming events at CTPI - Wellington
Keeping Faith in Politics 2017 election series
Have you ever asked, "Can we believe in politics?" Perhaps you wonder how your faith bears on public life in terms of the candidates for whom you vote, the policies which you support, or the causes for which you advocate. Maybe you worry if we can trust our system, our leaders, or even our neighbours. If you're asking these big questions we're putting on a series called "Keeping Faith in Politics" that aims to give serious answers.
The University of Otago Centre for Theology and Public Issues is putting on monthly events from March to August leading up to the September elections. We will gather in a variety of venues and engage important issues in various formats in conversation with leading voices in church and society.
Commemorating the Reformation
2017 marks the 500th anniversary of Martin Luther's 95 theses. The Centre for Theology and Public Issues Wellington is co-hosting several events in commemoration.
Recent events at CTPI - Wellington
What Happened? What's Next? - Global Politics in the Time of Trump
Panelists: John Allen (former head of Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade), Colin James (columnist Otago Daily Times), and Susan Jones (St Andrew's on the Terrace)
Seeking the Common Good in a World of Self-Interest - A Keeping Faith in Politics Event
Rev Dr Eleanor Sanderson (Canon Theologian, Diocese of Wellington). Listen to an audio recording of the event.
The Least and the Last in a World of Growing Inequality - A Keeping Faith in Politics Event
Max Rashbroke (author), Eric Crampton (The New Zealand Institute), Jon Hartley (World Vision) and Megan Whelan (Radio New Zealand). Listen to an audio recording of the event.
Protecting the Planet in a World of Ecological Crisis - A Keeping Faith in Politics Roundtable
Jonathan Boston (Victoria University of Wellington, IGPS), Catherine Iorns (Victoria University of Wellington Law and 365 Aotearoa), Koreti Tiumalu (Region Coordinator for 350.org), Paul Young (Generation Zero). Listen to an audio recording of the event.
Podcasts, talks, articles from the Centre for Theology and Public Issues
- Protecting the Planet in a World of Ecological Crisis - 25 May 2017 - A Keeping Faith in Politics Event
- The Least and the Last in a World of Growing Inequality - 27 April 2017 - A Keeping Faith in Politics Event
- Seeking the Common Good in a World of Self-Interest - 31 March 2017 - A Keeping Faith in Politics Event
- Travel Bans or Hospitality? Christian Faith in the Age of Walls - 3 March 2017 (youtube clip)
- Great Ideas Radio NZ series - 'The Reformation' - 22 January 2017
- ODT Opinion Piece: 'Validating Brutality Loses Battle' - 06 October 2016
- 'The Threat of Religious Violence to Democracy' Inaugural lecture, Beehive Wellington, 14 September 2016
Staff at CTPI - Wellington
Dr Derek Alan Woodard-Lehman
+64 04 385 7400 (office)
+64 27 334 3138 (mobile)
Spinks Cottage • 129 Dixon Street • Te Aro • Wellington 6011 (office)
PO Box 27148 • Wellington 6141 • New Zealand (postal)