This section contains resources produced by the Centre, articles and talks given by the Director and associates of the Centre, and other useful links.
- Christian Faith and Family Violence: A Report for Samoan Communities in New Zealand (in English and Samoan)
- Listening to Male Survivors of Church Sexual Abuse (in English and Spanish)
- 2011 NZ General Election discussion papers - Background papers on issues and questions for discussion groups
Lectures, conversations and discussions organised by the Centre, featuring visitors to the Centre, can be found on our podcast webpage. Please scroll down to find the podcasts you are looking for.
- ODT: 'Confronting sexual abuse in the Catholic Church' - 17 February 2017
- ODT: 'Trump's religious beliefs hard to pin down' - 16 December 2016
- 'The Many Faces of Love' A Conversation on Social Services Sunday, St. Paul's Cathedral. Dunedin, 24 July 2016 http://octagonnotes.blogspot.co.nz/
- 'Acknowledging Jesus as Victim of Sexual Abuse'. Humanities Public Lecture, University of Auckland, 20 July 2016 https://aucklandtheology.wordpress.com/category/david-tombs/
- 'Making a Mutual Connection: Deepening the Conversations between Theology and Public Issues', presentation at St John's Presbyterian Church in the City, Wellington - 7 June 2016
- ODT: 'Medically assisted dying' might not be the way to go - 17 June 2016
- ‘Be not afraid: Changing Church Attitudes to Sexual Violence’, Anglican Taonga, pp. 16-17. - December 2015
- ODT Opinion piece: 'Days of Activism Starting Point for Anti-violence Action' - 20 November, 2015
- Archibald Baxter Memorial Trust Peace Lecture - 'The Politics of Torture: The Findings of the US Senate Intelligence Committee Report on Torture' - 21 September, 2015
The notes from the lecture may also be viewed on the Archibald Baxter Memorial Trust website
- David Tombs, Inaugural Professorial Lecture, 'Latin American Liberation Theology and its Ongoing Legacy' - 8 September 2015
- ODT 'Killing Jesus' a gateway to deeper historical discussion - 17 April, 2015
- 'Silent No More: Sexual Violence in Conflict as a Challenge to the Worldwide Church' - 2014
- Travel Bans or Hospitality? Christian Faith in the Age of Walls - 3 March 2017 (youtube clip)
- Great Ideas Radio NZ series - 'The Reformation' - 22 January 2017
- ODT Opinion Piece: 'Validating Brutality Loses Battle' - 06 October 2016
- 'The Threat of Religious Violence to Democracy' Inaugural lecture, Beehive Wellington, 14 September 2016
The International Journal of Public Theology, is now available electronically via the Otago University Library website.