Frequently asked questions about Cumberland College
Got questions about Cumberland?
How do I apply for a place at Cumberland College?
The process is really quite simple! You fill out the University Application Form online, follow the instructions for having the Common Confidential Reference completed and we do the rest! Well, maybe not quite that simple.
How much does it cost to live at Cumberland College?
Fees are set centrally by the University and are subject to change annually.
How do you choose between the applications you receive?
Our goal is to create a well-balanced and diverse community here at Cumberland and to select people who we believe will find success as members of our large and friendly community.
While your academic record, sporting and other extra-curricular involvement may be considered, these are not the only factors that are considered. Ultimately we are looking for people who value academic success and who want to want to be members of our community!
What should I bring with me?
When we offer you a place, we will send you a suggested packing list, but here's an idea of some things you might want.
- A good desk lamp to read by is a must!
- There is no need to bring bed linen, duvets or pillows as these are all provided (but sometimes it's nice to have your own from home!).
- Rooms are furnished, so there is no need for you to bring your own furniture either.
- You are welcome to bring personal entertainment equipment (stereo, small TV etc) but remember these things must not disturb your neighbours!
- Please don't bring electrical appliances, electric blankets, heaters or cooking equipment.
- Don't forget to pack the day-to-day stuff like toothbrush, soap etc (and your own towels).
- And you may find a use for laundry detergent once in a while, too!
Are there any rules? What if I break them?
As members of our community, you will have rights and responsibilities. You will be expected to live within established guidelines designed to protect the rights of all our community members!
Please contact us with your questions, we'd be glad to help. Or, if you are in the area, drop by and we will show you round.