Monday 4 September 2017
Faculty of Dentistry
Great King Street
This half-day course will cover the concepts of crown lengthening, a review of surgical crown lengthening procedures and a hands-on pig head simulation for the crown lengthening and suturing techniques. By the end of the course, general practitioners will gain the skills needed to incorporate this procedure into their practice!
- Understanding the anatomy of the hard and soft tissue supporting the teeth
- Understanding the impact of restorative dentistry on periodontal health
- Understanding the strategies that can be used in restorative dentistry to support periodontal health and stability
- Understanding the surgical strategies used in clinical crown lengthening
- Developing an understanding of appropriate cases for clinical crown lengthening
- To gain confidence in performing surgical crown lengthening
Attendees to this course are also offered complimentary registration for SJWRI Research Day on 5 September.
The 4 September course is now FULL.
However, we are taking expressions of interest with a view to running this course a second time at a date later on this year (TBC).
Please fill out the following information to register your expression of interest in a second course.
Associate Professor Jonathan Leichter
Dr. Jonathan Leichter is the Associate Professor in the Department of Oral Sciences at the University of Otago School of Dentistry. Dr. Leichter joined the Faculty in 2002 after 20 years in full time private practice limited to periodontology and implant dentistry in New York and Boston. After his dental training at Tufts University, he went on to obtain his specialist training at Harvard University. He is active in clinical practice, research and dental education. Since 2002, he has mentored post-doctoral students in periodontology, endodontics and prosthodontics. His research interests and numerous international peer reviewed publications are in the fields of periodontology, implant dentistry, dental trauma and laser applications in dentistry. He has lectured throughout New Zealand, Australia, Japan, Europe and the US.
Lecture and hands on pig head surgery
Maximum Number of Participants