Orthopaedic Surgery is a section of the Department of Surgical Sciences. It is located on the third floor of the Dunedin Hospital.
Teaching staff also have clinical commitments in providing an orthopaedic service to the catchment area of the Southern District Health Board. There is a close working relationship with the Musculoskeletal Clinical Practice Group within the hospital in terms of service delivery.
- Professor Jean-Claude Theis Professor
- Associate Professor David Gwynne-Jones Associate Professor
- Mr Bruce Hodgson Clinical Senior Lecturer
- Mr John Dunbar Clinical Senior Lecturer
- Mr Michael Chin Clinical Senior Lecturer
- Mr Simon McMahon Clinical Senior Lecturer
- Mr Gary McCoubrey Clinical Senior Lecturer
- Mr Christopher Birks Clinical Senior Lecturer
- Mr Alan Carstens Clinical Senior Lecturer
Contact the Orthopaedic Surgery section
The Orthopaedic Surgery section is located on the third floor of Dunedin Hospital, 201 Great King Street, Dunedin.
Tel 64 3 470 9402 (hospital extension 58625)
Fax 64 3 470 9680
Section of Orthopaedics
Department of Surgical Sciences
Dunedin School of Medicine
PO Box 56
Contact Mrs Aroha Meikle (Departmental Secretary)