Assessment for learning strategies are the key to effective teaching and learning. We can assist you to unpack the effective pedagogy section of the NZC, and support your teachers to:
- Provide clear guidelines for teaching and learning outcomes.
- Effectively use feedback and feedforward so students can become clearer in their goals, building to self-regulated learners.
- Carry out high quality observations and feedback to support meaningful change to a teacher’s practice.
- Assessment literacy and determining needs of students through meaningful formal and informal assessments sitting alongside active reflection are key ingredients in a successful classroom programme. Incorporating effective use of Teaching as Inquiry is part of this process.
We can facilitate:
- In-class observations.
- Gathering of student voice through our facilitation or mentor leaders in schools to undertake those roles.
Workshops can be in-school or as an ongoing in-depth programme.
Rosemary Smith (Primary focus), Kate Rice (Secondary Focus)
Phone: (03) 479 4992
Cellphone: 021 793 771