Primary Mathematics Facilitator
B.A., Dip Tchg., Masters Papers
Tel 64 21 141 6624
As an accredited facilitator
I have supported teachers, middle leaders and principals with professional development in primary mathematics for over 10 years. I have developed strong relationships in schools, clusters and regions, which encourage teachers to take risks to grow professionally improving their pedagogical content knowledge and their mathematics content knowledge. Accelerating student achievement using student data and following the Teaching as Inquiry cycle to improve practice has been a particular focus.
My experience includes
Building strong understanding of current best practice in Mathematics:
- Through modelling then mentoring and coaching teachers to develop their own pathways of change.
- Providing opportunities for teachers to review current relevant literature and apply this to their practice.
- Allowing time for teachers to explore digital technology to enhance teaching programmes.
- Assisting in revising curriculum plans to ensure they relate directly to NZC and the local schools needs.
- Encouraging strong relationships with whānau.