Every day we work to solve biological puzzles and to find ways of alleviating the effects of many common and debilitating diseases.
Understanding free radicals is challenging but the potential benefits are huge as few systems in our body have such a wide ranging effect on so many serious diseases.
Our projects include innovative new ways to diagnose or treat:
- vitamin c
- arthritis and gout
- inflammatory bowel disease
- antimicrobial resistance
- cystic fibrosis
- heart disease
- illnesses of prematurity
Research saves lives: how you can help
The Christchurch Appeal: Centre for Free Radical Research
We investigate how free radicals and antioxidants work inside the body and use this knowledge to measure and treat disease.
Our projects take time and money, which is why we appreciate your support.
- Make your online gift using our secure webpage (simply select The Chch Appeal: Centre for Free Research)
- Download the Centre for Free Radical Research brochure and gift card
The Vitamin C for Cancer Trust
Lab tests at Otago have shown that tumours with higher levels of Vitamin C were less aggressive and slower to grow than ones with lower levels of the vitamin.
Professor Margreet Vissers recently told the TVNZ Sunday programme that she and her team need $1 million in funding to begin human trials.
- Make your online gift using our secure webpage
- Learn more about The Vitamin C for Cancer Trust
- Watch Professor Margreet Vissers on the TVNZ Sunday programme
Contact the Centre for Free Radical Research
If you would like to know more please call 64 3 364 0590 and arrange to talk to one of the Centre for Free Radical Research team.