Discuss, debate and dissect the latest genetics research from around the world at Genetics Journal Club!
The Genetics Journal Club (GJC) was founded in 2003 and is currently organised by Dr. Stephanie Hughes (Teaching programme Deputy Director). Anyone with an interest in genetics is welcome to attend!
With a strong emphasis on critical assessment of the published work rather than simple 'recapitulation', GJC's goal is to promote critical and independent thinking in our emerging researchers across campus.
It is strongly recommended that all genetics postgraduate students attend, not only as part of their professional development but in order to support their fellow students.
GJC has had a brand new format from 27th March 2017. GJC will run on Mondays 12:00 to 12:45pm, in the Benham Seminar Room, Zoology.
Semester 1 2017
- 27 March Matthew Chisnall and Richard Macknight
- 10th April No GJC, due to GO seminar on Obesity and Genetics at this time which you should go to!
- 1st May Amarni Thomas and Julia Horsfield
- 15 May Ben Faircloth and David Markie/Stephen Robertson
- 29 May PhD Entry talks from new gene students Sam Taylor-Wardell and Gemma McLaughlin
Semester 2 2017
- 17th July Katie Steffert and Richard Macknight
- 31st July Morgan Jones and Tim Hore
- 14th August Jack Tuffery and Peter Dearden
- 4th September Kathy Sircombe and Megan Wilson
- 18th September Alex Caulton and Neil Gemmell
- 2nd October Thomas Nicholson and Chris Brown