Discuss, debate and dissect the latest genetics research from around the world at Genetics Journal Club!
The Genetics Journal Club (GJC) was founded in 2003 and is currently organised by the Deputy Director of Genetics Teaching Programme, A/Prof. Caroline Beck. Anyone with an interest in genetics is welcome to attend!
With a strong emphasis on critical assessment of the published work rather than simple 'recapitulation', GJC's goal is to promote critical and independent thinking in our emerging researchers across campus.
It is recommended that all genetics postgraduate students attend, not only as part of their professional development but in order to support their fellow students.
GJC is currently evolving and will return in an exciting, brand new format from 27th March 2017.
We are moving from the Wednesday slot to Mondays 12:00 to 12:45pm, and will again meet in the Benham Seminar Room, Zoology.
Semester 1 2017
- 27 March Matthew Chisnall and Richard Macknight
- 10th April No GJC, due to GO seminar on Obesity and Genetics at this time which you should go to!
- 1st May Amarni Thomas and Julia Horsfield
- 15 May Ben Faircloth and David Markie/Stephen Robertson
- 29 May PhD Entry talks from new gene students Sam Taylor-Wardell and Gemma McLaughlin