Information on geology 400-level courses can be found here:
400-level geology course information
This paper is used to accommodate students who need to take papers outside of the regular core and optional 400-level geology papers (e.g., when students are only resident at the department for one semester during the year, or when a visiting lecturer offers a paper that does fit within an existing paper description.) Not all 400-level GEOL papers will be available in any one year. Decisions will be based on enrolment numbers and will be discussed with students at the start of the academic year.
|Paper title||Special Topic 2|
|Points||20 points 20 points|
|Teaching period(s)||First Semester, Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,282.09|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,357.07|
- Not all 400-level GEOL papers will be available in any one year. Decisions will be based on enrolment numbers and will be discussed with students at the start of the academic year.
- Paper Structure
- Usually, this paper will follow a similar format to the other optional 400-level geology papers.
- A BSc in Geology (or equivalent)
- More information link
- View more information about GEOL 451
- Teaching staff
- Various academic staff involved.
- Will depend on the paper structure in any given year.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Critical thinking, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- The knowledge, skills, attitudes and habits of mind that students take with them from the paper. Greater knowledge in topics of current interest in Geology