Following the long-term success of Hands-On Science, Otago is very excited and proud to offer Hands-On at Otago, incorporating not only Sciences and Health Sciences, but also Humanities and Business projects.
The goal of Hands-On at Otago is to demonstrate, in a friendly and interactive environment, some of the activities that researchers are involved in and to encourage talented young New Zealanders to consider further study as a step in their career pathway. We do this by bringing students to New Zealand’s oldest and most attractive university, an institution having an international reputation for excellence in research and teaching.
Here are the basics :
- Hands-On at Otago 2016 is running from the 17th - 22nd January 2016
- It is open to students entering year 12 or 13 in 2016
- It costs $650 for accommodation, meals, tuition and social programme, transport to and from Dunedin Airport or bus terminals.
- You need to cover the cost of getting to and from Dunedin and money for ice creams ....
- Entry is competitive: we get heaps of applications for a limited number of places : Write us a really good letter!
- There are lots of scholarships available, and you can try getting funding from your local service clubs (Lions, Rotary) or school Board of Trustees. More ideas for funding here - Cost
Since this is the very first year of Hands-On at Otago, we can't show you what it will be like, but we do have video footage of Hands-On Science, and we expect that Hands-On at Otago will be just like this but different ...
Take a look at this ...