The Health Sciences Career Development Programme offers postdoctoral fellowships to outstanding Health Sciences graduates who have recently completed a degree at doctoral level.
These postdoctoral fellowships are usually available each year, with calls for applications in May and November.
How to apply for a Health Sciences postdoctoral fellowship
Two Health Sciences Career Development Programme postdoctoral fellowships are available in our November 2017 funding round:
- Read the November 2017 guidelines (PDF 190 KB)
- Complete the November 2017 Application Form (Microsoft Word 85 KB)
- Read the postdoctoral fellow conditions of employment (PDF 80 KB)
- Apply via the Dean of the School, or HOD, where you wish to hold the fellowship
Applications close 5pm Tuesday 7 November 2017
Other postdoctoral fellowships
Health Sciences doctoral graduates can also apply for a Rutherford Foundation postdoctoral fellowship.
The Rutherford Foundation is a charitable trust set up to provide support for the spectrum of PhD education, to postdoctoral research, and early career development.
The following Rutherford Fellowships are available:
- Rutherford Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Rutherford Discovery Fellowships for outstanding mid-career researchers (less than 10 years post-PhD)
Other Postdoctoral Fellowships are available from charitable organisations such as:
Please contact your Research Adviser for full details.
Postdoctoral fellowships in the Department of Medicine
The Department of Medicine is a research-active department, representing all major medical specialties and undertaking basic, clinical and applied research on a wide range of topics.