Health Sciences Research Forum 2014: Learning Different Research Languages
Date: 16th September 2014, Dunedin Public Art Gallery
Download the Poster for the Forum (pdf 851KB)
Featuring some of our top mid-career researchers including two Rutherford Discovery Fellows, a winner of the L’Oreal Women in Science Award and winners of Otago Early Career Awards, as well as CoRE and National Science Challenge Principal Investigators
Our Keynote speaker is Professor Tony Weiss. Tony is Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biotechnology at the University of Sydney and his research focuses on tropoelastin biomaterials and tissue engineering.
Confirmed Divisional speakers include:
- Dr Suetonia Palmer, Medicine UOC (kidney health and disease)
- Dr Peter Fineran, Microbiology and Immunology (gene regulatory systems employed by bacteria; phage resistance)
- Dr Jeremy Krebs, Medicine UOW (obesity and Type 2 diabetes)
- Dr Julia Horsfield, Pathology DSM (chromosome structure and development)
- Dr Khaled Greish, Pharmacology and Toxicology (drug delivery systems for cancer)
- Dr Debra Waters, Preventive and Social Medicine (Body composition and physical function during ageing)
- Dr Liz Ledgerwood, Biochemistry (apoptosis, signal transduction, redox regulation)
- Dr Anthony Butler, Centre for Bioengineering UOC (medical imaging)
- A/P Warwick Duncan, Dentistry (Periodontics, Dental Implantology)
- Dr Emma Wyeth, Preventive and Social Medicine (Maori health)
Register by 31 August to: email@example.com.
Student poster competition - Monday, 15 September 2014
A first prize of NZ$750 plus up to 3 others prizes of NZ$250 are on offer for the student poster competition. The competition will be similar to previous events, with an emphasis on a poster that can communicate your research to other researchers from outside your discipline.
A number of sponsored places are available for UOC and UOW students. Let your supervisor know that you would like to come and ask them to put your name forward to your respective School's Dean. We look forward to welcoming you to the event.