The translation of research into products and services to benefit society is one of the aims of the Division of Health Sciences.
This grant is an initiative to assist researchers in the pursuit of research which translates into societal benefits.
- The value of the grant is NZ$50,000 (no overheads) or, if the selected project is eligible for seed funding, the value will be up to NZ$75,000 (no overheads)
- All academic research staff in the Division are eligible to apply
- The grant is to be used by the successful applicant(s) to "prove the concept"
- Otago Innovation Ltd will work closely with successful applicants to plan and carry out research activities which will result in the proof of concept
- The translational research aims to generate intellectual property and result in a patent application
- The funds will be transferred to the successful applicant(s) in tranches related to agreed milestones
Grant application process
Congratulations to Dr Ailsa McGregor who has won the 2017 Translational Research Grant Round. Next round opens in October 2018.
Details for the 2017 Translational Research Grant Round are as follows:
- Advice for intending applicants is available by contacting:
- Applicants should complete the Application Form (PDF 50 KB) and email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org before 9am Monday, 13 November 2017
- Applications will be shortlisted for oral presentation before the adjudication panel.
For further information please contact Professor Ian Tucker:
Tel 64 3 479 7296