Accessibility Skip to Global Navigation Skip to Local Navigation Skip to Content Skip to Search Skip to Site Map Menu

FAQs for students who fail CELS 191 and/or PHSI 191

What if I fail only CELS 191 and/or PHSI 191?

CELS 191 and PHSI 191 are not prerequisites for Semester Two HSFY papers.

Therefore, if you fail CELS 191 and/or PHSI 191, but pass CHEM 191 and HUBS 191, then you can continue with HSFY in Semester Two.

Please note, even though you can continue with HSFY in Semester Two, you will be ineligible to apply for any of the Health Sciences professional programmes under the HSFY Category. (Alternative pathways to the Health Sciences professional programmes may be available to you.)

Instead of applying for a Health Sciences professional programme, you can enrol in other programmes such as a BBiomedSc or BSc, or you can cross-credit your passed papers towards a Commerce or Humanities degree. Furthermore, you could consider applying for the Bachelor of Dental Technology (BDentTech), Bachelor of Oral Health (BOH), or Bachelor of Radiation Therapy (BRT) programmes—which do not require HSFY.

Course advisors can discuss options with you.

^ Top of Page

If I don’t continue with HSFY, what are my options for Semester Two?

If you’d like to do a Bachelor of Science (BSc), the Pathfinder tool may help you discover what major you’d like to enrol in:

There are many other options too, such as a Bachelor of Biomedical Science (BBiomedSc), or even cross-crediting the papers you passed towards a non-Health Sciences degree.

The Find Your Fit infosheet (PDF 650 KB) has more details.

Course advisors are also available to discuss options with you.

^ Top of Page

Can I apply for Health Sciences professional programmes without completing HSFY?

HSFY is the most common, but not the only, pathway to a Health Sciences professional programme. After completing at least two years of University study and/or after completing a University bachelor’s degree, you may be eligible to apply under the following categories:

  • Two or More Years of University Study Category
  • Graduate Category

The HSFY Q+A infosheet (PDF 780 KB) has more details.

^ Top of Page

Who can I contact for further advice?

Course advisors will be available on 6–7 July 2017 and 10–11 July 2017 at Union Hall (map).

If you're unable to attend any of these sessions, you can make an appointment to speak to a course advisor another time:

Commerce course advisors

Tel 64 3 479 8149

Health Sciences course advisors

Tel 64 3 479 7428

Humanities course advisors

Tel 64 3 479 8792

Sciences course advisors

Tel 64 3 479 7532

^ Top of Page

How can I change my course for Semester Two?

Once you have chosen your new qualification:

  1. Log in to your eVision portal
  2. Add your new Semester Two qualification
  3. You will receive an offer to the new programme
  4. Accept the offer
  5. Cancel your enrolment in HSFY by completing a change of course form (online, or in-person at the University Information Centre)

^ Top of Page

What are the dates for adding / deleting / withdrawing from a paper in Semester Two?

  • Friday, 14 July 2017 (5pm): Last day to add a Semester Two paper
  • Friday, 28 July 2017: Last day to delete a Semester Two paper with a refund of fees
  • Friday, 15 September 2017: Last day to withdraw from a Semester Two paper

^ Top of Page