The aim of the eighth paper option is to foster critical thinking and analysis, by giving you the opportunity to explore areas outside of the seven HSFY papers.
Optional eighth papers may also be used towards the scoring for admission to the Health Sciences professional programmes.
HSFY students can enrol in an optional eighth paper in Semester Two, selected from an approved list.
In this instance, the results in the best seven papers will be counted for the purposes of admission to the professional programmes, provided that the compulsory seven papers are passed at or above the required minimum standards.
- In Semester One, did you meet the minimum academic requirements for the professional programme(s) you want to apply to?
- How did you find your Semester One workload? Do you feel you can you handle four papers in Semester Two?
- What would your time commitment be?
- Or would you prefer to focus on just the three compulsory papers instead?
- Have you seen the list of optional eighth papers?
- Have you contacted department(s) to learn more about the paper(s) you’re interested in?
- Have you considered possible timetable clashes? (Your optional eighth paper may need to change if there’s a clash.)
- Do you need to take ENGL 126 in Semester Two? (If so, you will need special approval to also enrol in an optional eighth paper.)
Complete a change of course form by 5pm Friday, 14 July 2017.
Course advisors will be available on 6, 7, 10, and 11 July 2017 in Union Hall (map).
If you’re unable to attend any of these sessions, please contact the Health Sciences Admissions Office:
- Friday, 14 July 2017 (5pm): Last day to add a Semester Two paper
- Friday, 28 July 2017: Last day to delete a Semester Two paper with a refund of fees
- Friday, 15 September 2017: Last day to withdraw from a Semester Two paper