The Humanities Research Grant (HRG) is a competitive funding scheme to support excellence in research and scholarship in the Division of Humanities at the University of Otago.
Humanities research grants are open to applications from:
- Individual researchers (may include a co-investigator)
- Research Clusters and Networks within the Division
- Informal or occasional groups of researchers in the Humanities (e.g. to convene a conference or similar event)
Terms of Reference
- To provide leadership in research activity for the Division, by promoting, fostering and facilitating research.
- To develop and maintain an Implementation Plan for the Divisional Strategic Plan 2005-2010 with regard to Goal 1: Research, taking account particularly of the PBRF system and its impact.
- To assist in the assessment of UORG applications in the Humanities and Social Sciences through participation in the University’s assessment panels.
- To make recommendations to the PVC on the allocation and administration of research funds, including DRG applications and other research funding allocations.
- To ensure that information is readily available to Divisional staff about research grant opportunities.
- To provide strategic and practical advice to academic staff applying for research grants.
- To advise the PVC, Deans and HoDs on any matters which are referred to the Research Committee for advice, including strategic and management plans and goals, and the monitoring of the outcomes of these, insofar as they affect research in the Division.