Career Development & Training
Each year during the month of August, University General Staff members have a Performance & Development Review or PDR.
Training and Career Development courses available, including PDR competencies, management & supervisory skills, key professional skills, self management, policy & information, Te Reo Māori, and womens professional development.
Includes information about Study Assistance.
A summary of the review & development processes available to Academic staff. Find the information applicable to your position here.
- Academic Confirmation
- Confirmation path aims to ensure that the appointment will be successful for the academic staff member in terms of the University's ongoing performance expectations.
- Performance & Salary Reviews
- An annual or biennial review of performance which, following a positive review, may result in progression within the salary scale.
- Academic Promotion
- Information about the Academic promotion process.
- Academic Salary Progression
- Information about Academic Progression and performance & salary reviews.
- Scholarship Development
- A systematic approach to academic development as a scholar. Scholarship Development establishes expectations for scholarship activities at the University.
- Other Performance Appraisal of Academic Staff
- For staff members who are not involved in the promotion, confirmation path, sholarship development, or annual/biennial review processes.
University of Otago staff may be eligible for awards based on their performance in the workplace.
The conference is open to all general staff at the University of Otago.