General Staff Award for Exceptional Performance
In November 2004 the Vice Chancellor's Advisory group approved the institution of the University of Otago Award for Exceptional Performance by General Staff. The purpose of this annual award is to recognise and reward members of the general staff who have made an outstanding contribution to the University of Otago.
The 2012 Award Winner
The 2012 award has been jointly award to Psychology Technical and Programming Team. ‘The Goddard Boys’ team as they are collectively referred to, from the Department of Psychology. The team consists of Jeremy Anderson, Senior Technical Officer; Russell Phillips, Technical Officer; Lindsay Robertson, Senior Technician; and Technicians Jason Campbell, Richard Hamelink, Meric Hoffman; and Programmers William van der Vliet, Paul O’Donnell and Hadyn Youens. With an extraordinary 139 years combined total employment with the University ‘The Goddard Boys’ have demonstrated exceptional commitment to the University over a lengthy period and outstanding technical innovation over the years.
An individual award was also made to Carole Scott, Administrator in the Higher Education Development Centre. Carole has worked for the University for 9 years, and is valued by staff and students alike for her outstanding contribution, energy and dedication to the Student Learning Centre.
The award was presented by Professor Harlene Hayne at a ceremony on 30 May 2012.
Past winners are:
- 2011, Joint winners Peter Stroud and Richard Sparrow, Physics Department’s Mechanical Workshop Team
- 2010, Susan Deans, Department of Physiology
- 2009, Nicola Walmsley, Customer Services, Information Technology Services.
- 2008, Linda Brown, Department of Languages and Cultures.
- 2007, Nigel Barrett, School of Physical Education.
- 2006, Joint winners, Management Team, Arana College and Allan Mitchell, Otago Centre for Electron Microscopy, Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology.
- 2005, Joint winners, Louise Kewene, Department of Music and Murray McKenzie, Department of Zoology.