This programme concentrates on skills and knowledge required by managers to be effective in their role. By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Have the tools to communicate strategy, gain buy-in and set common goals
- Practise effective planning skills
- Utilise networking skills to foster professional links both inside and outside the University
- Use effective decision-making tools to manage priorities
- Build on the experiences and skills of speakers and fellow participants
- Reflect on your management style and skills
This is a three-day interactive workshop which fosters learning within a practical environment. The course includes speakers and will introduce you to some tools and concepts to build your personal manager’s toolkit. There will be opportunities to discuss issues or problems you are encountering and to build a toolbox of strategies and resources to assist you in your role.
This programme is designed for those who have managerial responsibilities rather than those who have line or team leader roles.
- Second programme: Wednesday 27 to Friday 29 September 2017
- Third programme: Wednesday 6 to Friday 8 December 2017
Extra workshops for participants in this programme are being run under the Sharpening the Saw programme. More information can be found at Sharpening the Saw.
This programme is run annually, but if you would like to provide an expression of interest please email email@example.com and we will ensure that you are kept up-to-date.