Applications for 2018 will open on Sunday 1 October 2017. To apply please click the Apply Now button on this page.
International admission requirements
The Otago International School requires incoming international students to have studied at least one year at an accredited tertiary institution and a hold a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 minimum (USA/Canada), or have “credit”, “good”, or above average results.
Evidence of English language proficiency will be required for those applicants whose first language is not English. The following tests satisfy the University of Otago’s requirements:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score of 6.0 in the academic module (no individual band below 6.0)
- Internet-based TOEFL score of 80 (minimum writing score of 20)
- Germany – “Good” or higher in Abitur English plus “B” or higher in each of the four components of the DAAD language test
- Denmark – A minimum GPA of 6 in A-level English or a minimum GPA of 9 in B-level English when graduating from Upper Secondary School
- Norway – grade 4 or higher in English (any year) for the Upper Secondary Leaving Certificate.
International student fees
Prices for 2018 are NZ$4,800 for one paper and includes the following:
- Most meals
Prices do not include:
- Airfare to New Zealand/Dunedin
- Shuttles to and from the airport
International Visa requirements
Otago International School students are currently able to study with a visitor visa, as per Immigration New Zealand rules (which allow for up to three months of study in a 12-month period). For more details and to check latest regulations, visit Immigration New Zealand.