How to Pay Tuition Fees
1. Paying your fees online
The University of Otago uses the Western Union Business Solutions payment portal for you to pay your tuition, accommodation and insurance fees. We prefer this system because it's a faster, more reliable way for you to pay. You can pay from your bank account with a telegraphic transfer, or domestic transfer.
Five Reasons to use Western Union Business Solutions payment portal
- It's easy to use and you can make your payment faster and receive your payment receipt sooner.
- Save money by choosing a telegraphic transfer from your bank. There are no transfer charges from Western Union Business Solutions for this type of payment.
- You can use your own currency and still be sure that your full payment amount will be made in New Zealand Dollars.
- Once you make the payment, the exchange rate is locked in for 72 hours, making sure that the full amount is paid.
- You get peace of mind, knowing that your payment will arrive in full, on time, without any extra charges or delays.
How to make your payment
- Log into the international student payment portal to make your payment.
- Enter your student information.
- Enter your payment amount in New Zealand Dollars.
- Select your payment method - telegraphic transfer - choose your country and currency*
- Enter the details of the person making the payment and print your bank transfer instructions.
- Complete your payment at your local bank branch or with online banking using the printed instructions.
*due to international banking regulations transactions in some currencies are not available. If your currency does not appear as an option, please select an alternative currency such as USD$.
Need help? email email@example.com .
2. Cash, cheque or eftpos (subject to individual bank limits) paid directly to The Cashiers in the basement of the Clocktower Building, University of Otago.
3. Personal or bank cheque made out to the "University of Otago" and post to:
University of Otago
PO Box 56
4. Internet banking or Telegraphic Transfer to University of Otago bank account:
Westpac New Zealand Limited
Westpac Moray Place Branch
106 George St
PO Box 5345
Account Name: University of Otago - Student Tuition
Account Number: 03- 0175-0660238-01
SWIFT Code: WPACNZ2W
With reference details of students full name and student ID if known (otherwise quote date of birth).
It is important that the remitting bank quote the full name of the student so that the incoming fee payment can be identified. A copy of the telegraphic transfer provided by the remitting bank should be retained and brought to Dunedin.
Note: Please only make arrangements for payment of tuition if you have received an Offer of Place to study at the University.
How to Obtain a Fees Receipt
Tuition fee receipts are not automatically generated. To request a tuition fee receipt please email firstname.lastname@example.org. In practice, most new students should make payment well before the deadlines to allow the Revenue Management Office time to supply a receipt. The receipt can be used as a proof of payment of fees for student visa application.
Tuition Fee Payment Deadlines
The following deadlines apply for payment of tuition and sundry fees:
- Summer School (January): 13 January 2017
- First Semester (February): 10 February 2017
- Second Semester (July): 10 July 2017
A late payment fee will be charged if accounts are not paid by the due date.
If students increase their course load during the year by adding one or more papers, the additional tuition fee for those papers is payable as soon as the change of course is registered.
Note: Students enrolling in February for a total programme of study of 1 year or longer are required to pay tuition for the whole academic year.