Who are ITS?
ITS have a team of around 140 staff (permanent and casuals). Our services are divided into seven sections.
Senior Management Team
From left to right:
- Alison Jory, Divisional Office
- Barbara Nitis, Uniprint
- Steve Lucas, Infrastructure and Applications
- Suzanne Gillies, Management Support Services
- Mike Harte, Director of ITS
- Nicola Walmsley, Customer Services
- Mark Borrie, Information Security
- Emerson Pratt, Teaching and Learning Facilities
- Tracy Huntleigh-Smith, Strategy and Planning
ITS Divisional Office
51 Clyde Street
Tel 64 3 479 5033
Fax 64 3 479 9139
Mike Harte, Director
Mike has 30 years’ experience in the ICT industry across the banking, retail, Local Government and education sectors. Prior to taking on the role of Director, IT Services at the University of Otago in 2005, he was Head of Information Systems at the Dunedin City Council.
As Director of Information Technology Services, Mike is responsible for the effective and efficient provision of Information Technology services to the University and for providing professional, strategic and administrative leadership in the areas of strategy, policy and innovation in the use of ICT to support teaching, research and administration.
Mike has significant involvement and influence in the local ICT industry including:
- Past national President and a Fellow of the New Zealand Computer Society
- Past President and Life Member of the Association of Local Government Information Management (ALGIM)
- Awarded ALGIM’s Industry Leadership Excellence Award in 2002.
- Director of New Zealand Local Government Online Ltd 1997 – 2005.
- NZ International Science Festival President since 2007
- Member of Project Management Institute since July 2003.
Tel 64 3 479 8506
Alison Jory, Executive Assistant
Alison joined ITS in March 2012.
As Executive Assistant to the Director, Alison provides a full range of support services in this key position in the Director’s team. In addition to organising the Director’s schedule, meetings and functions, Alison ensures the overall smooth running of the Divisional Office and also provides support to the wider management team.
Tel 64 3 479 5033