When you print from a student computer at the University of Otago, you will find these options in the Print menu:
- CutePDF Writer is used to create .pdfs of your document (you may have to scroll upwards in the Print menu to see this)
- Lab Printer (default printer) prints to the local print area’s black and white printers. This printer will only show your print jobs and you can delete any jobs that you don’t want to print.
- Lab Printer Colour prints to any lab colour printer on the University of Otago’s Dunedin campus. This printer will only show your print jobs and you can delete any jobs that you do not want to print.
- Library Swipecard prints to the nearest University of Otago Dunedin library swipecard black and white printers. You will need your Student ID card to activate this printer. The library black and white printer will show all jobs that all users have sent to that queue over the past eight hours. You cannot delete any files that you have sent to this queue.
- Library Swipecard Colour prints to any library swipecard colour printer. You will need your student ID card to activate this printer. The printer will show all jobs that all users have sent to that queue over the past eight hours. You cannot delete any files that you have sent to this queue.
- Printshop sends jobs to the Uniprintshop on the ground floor of the Central Library on the University's Dunedin campus. You must pay first before your files are printed. Check the Uniprintshop’s operating hours to ensure that you can collect your job.
Download the How to Print on Student Printers tip sheet (.pdf, 157KB)
iPrint lets you print from your laptop or home computer to the printers on the University of Otago’s Dunedin campus. Your print job will be available for about eight hours after you send it, then you can release it to print when you get to the printer.
Printing from the student printers costs:
- 10c per black and white A4 page
- 50c per colour A4 page
This is deducted from the balance on your student ID card.
If a student computing area printer does not print your job, or only prints part of your job, please send an email to: email@example.com with the following details:
- Your name and University of Otago student username
- the date and time when you tried to print
- The number of pages that you lost
- where the printer was located
You can load cash funds onto your student ID card by using the cash autoloaders at:
- Central Library first floor
- Uniprintshop ground floor
- Science Library ground floor
- Medical Library first floor
- Robertson Library ground floor
You can also load funds via EFTPOS at the orange autoloader in the Central Library or by asking a librarian at either the Lending Services or Enquiries desk at the Central Library.
Uniprint handle all of the University of Otago's printing requirements. You can print from the student network to the Uniprintshop located in the Central Library on the Dunedin campus at discounted printing rates.
Visit the Uniprintshop webpage for more information.
Do you have a question? Please see our Frequently Asked Questions about student printing