University of Otago students can print, copy or scan to 80 Uniprintstops, multifunction devices (MFDs) available in the libraries and student computer areas of all University of Otago campuses. Money for printing is stored on your student ID card and you will need to use your ID card or username and password to access the Uniprintstops.
Your own computer
To print from your own computer, you now need to use your student email account to email your file to be printed (Word document, .pdf etc.) to:
Please contact Student IT Services if you have any questions about emailing your print job.
When you print from a computer in a University student computer area/lab or library, you will find the following options in the Print menu:
- Black & White - Uniprintstops allows you to send your print job to a Uniprintstop. Your print job can be released to print once you get to the printer.
- Colour - Uniprintstops allows you to send your print job to a Uniprintstop. Using this option, any pages in colour on your screen will print out in colour, while pages in black and white will print out in black only. Your print job can be released to print once you get to the printer. Download the How to Print on the New Print System tip sheet (.pdf, 994KB) for more information about printing to Uniprintstops
- CutePDF Writer is used to create .pdf files of your document
- Printshop B&W sends jobs to the black and white printer at Uniprint’s Library branch on the ground floor of the Central Library on the Dunedin campus. You must pay first before your files are printed.
- Printshop Colour sends jobs to the colour printer at Uniprint’s Library branch on the ground floor of the Central Library. You must pay first before your files are printed. Check Uniprint’s Library branch operating hours to ensure that you can collect your job.
The two previous student printing systems, Library Swipecard and Lab Printer, have now been combined into a single, upgraded system called Uniprintstops, multifunction devices (MFDs) that can be accessed at the libraries and student computer areas of all University of Otago campuses.
- copy, print and scan in both colour and black and white.
- print colour and black and white in the one document (this will be charged accordingly)
- double-sided print and copy
To use Uniprintstops, funds must first be loaded onto your student ID card account. This can be done at any of our EFTPOS kiosks.
Print jobs sent to Uniprint’s Library branch on the Dunedin campus (using the Printshop B&W and Printshop Colour options in your student computer printing options) must be paid first before they can be printed out.
Student ID card printing funds can be topped up using EFTPOS at the following locations:
- Central Library (Electronic Resources Area), Dunedin
- Robertson Education Library, Dunedin
- Science III Building Foyer, Dunedin (24 hour access)
- University of Otago Medical Library, Dunedin
- University of Otago Canterbury Medical Library, Christchurch
- University of Otago Southland Campus Library, Invercargill
- University of Otago Wellington Medical & Health Sciences Library, Wellington
Uniprint handle all of the University of Otago's printing requirements. You can print from the student network to the Uniprintshop located in the Central Library on the Dunedin campus at discounted printing rates.
Visit the Uniprintshop webpage for more information.