Student IT Help
|Student Desktop||Connecting to the Internet||Student Printing||Software Assistance||Computer Labs|
About Student IT
Student IT Advisors are based in the Central Library on the University of Otago's Dunedin campus. We can help you with all your computer needs on campus. We have 30 or more areas with desktop computers and wireless (Wi-Fi) access around campus. We can help you get your laptop/tablet/smartphone onto our Wi-Fi network and visit you in any computer area if you need help.
See our video here
Move your files Now!
On March 1st 2015 your files on the old Student Desktop will be DELETED!
A new, Windows 7 based student desktop is being launched on campus. Documents saved on your ‘S’ drive on the old student desktop are not automatically available on the new Student Desktop. Heres a guide how to move them over. You MUST do this before March 2015. After this time, your
documents from the old Student Desktop will be deleted.
Instructions for how to do this can be found here.
New Student Desktop
Currently we are trialling a new Student Desktop in the Central library, some other libraries and eStops around campus. Feel free to check it out. It is awesome!
It will be fully released next year once we are sure that it is working well.
Microsoft Office 365 is now available free to students!
ITS Service Notices
See the ITS Service Notices page for information about potential, current and planned IT outages and network/software updates.
Getting direct help from Student IT
- Online - Chat with a Student IT Advisor online
- Email - email@example.com
- Phone - 64 3 479 5170
- In person - see a Student IT Advisor at the Student IT desk, located in the Central Library on the University's Dunedin campus.
Semester hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am - 9pm; Weekends 10am - 9pm
Holiday hours: Student IT Advisors are located in the Central Library whilst it is open. Outside of the Central Library hours, they will be located in the Burns computer lab. See Central Library hours.
Our Student IT guide and tip sheets
- The 2014 Student IT guide is online here (.pdf, 7MB) or you can pick up a copy from the Central Library
- Laptop/tablet/smartphone Tip Sheets
- General Tip Sheets
- Help. I can't login to Student email! How to clear the cache to fix this problem
- Student IT Advisors Photoboards through the years