Staff On-Campus Network Access
Staff can use both wired and wireless internet access on-campus at the University of Otago.
Staff wired network access
You can get wired access to the UO-STAFF network on campus by plugging your computer, or similar device (such as a smart phone, iTouch or iPad), into an active network outlet once you have registered your device with ITS.
Staff wireless network access
You will first need to register your laptop or other device (such as a smart phone, iTouch or iPad) with ITS before you can connect to the UO-STAFF network wirelessly on campus.
Postgraduate students who wish to have wireless access to the staff network will first need to get permission from their department administration.
You can arrange to have your computer registered on the University network through your departmental IT support person or your departmental administration. Registrations are campus-specific, so please let them know if you will need to use your computer on multiple campuses.
If you have access to the Corporate Applications service, you can request to register your computer by following the following instructions:
- Go to the Information for University Staff page.
- Click on the ‘ITS Corporate Applications’ link in the ‘ONLINE APPS’ box (on the right hand side of the page).
- Log in with your University username and password
- Click on the ‘Network Services’ link in the list.
- Select 'Make A Request' from the menu at the top and follow the instructions.
If you cannot connect to the UO-STAFF network after your request has been completed, you should confirm with your IT support staff or departmental administration that your University username is enabled for this network.
Please contact ITS if you need this done or for further help registering your computer.
Please click on one of the following links for information about:
- student on-campus network access
- visitor on-campus network access
- off-campus network access
- wireless access locations.