Computer/Software Updates and Patching
The Information Security Office strongly advises all staff and students to update their computer hardware and software as frequently as possible (always save your work before installing any updates).
- fixes any software bugs on your operating system
- means your anti-virus software is more likely to detect new viruses
- is fast and easy on campus.
You can update:
- your computer’s operating system
- your computer’s web browser
- your computer’s software
- your web browser’s plugins and add-ons
- Java, which is used on many websites and applications
- your computer’s anti-virus and check that it’s working properly.
Please contact the Information Security Office for more information about computer/software updates and patching.