View Fullsize Image
(Opens in new window)
The Central Otago town of Naseby was first called Parker’s, then Hogburn and, for some years prior to 1874, Mt Ida. The local newspaper, the Mount Ida Chronicle, ran from February 1869 to December 1926. In 1990, Dr Maslen used nineteenth-century wooden type to create this keepsake poster, one of only three printing exercises that year.
The Mt Ida Chronicle Naseby, 1990