Information on library services and resources for University of Otago alumni.
Can I still borrow books from the library after I graduate? Yes! But first you will need to obtain a Graduate's library card.
To obtain a Graduate's library card:
- Fill in the Library Registration form.
- Borrowing entitlements - what you can borrow, and for how long.
- Hours - for all libraries.
- Library locations - a map of the library locations for the Dunedin Campus.
As an Alumni, you are able to access the following resources:
- Library catalogue - search for material in the library.
- OUR Heritage - images of items held in the University, including Hocken Collections. Updated regularly.
- Hakena - archives and manuscripts specific catalogue for Hocken Collections.
- New Books - updated on Fridays. RSS feeds are available for specific subjects or by library.
- Open Access Databases and E-Journals - links to databases and peer-reviewed or refereed journals.
- Online exhibitions - images, text and captions of previous exhibitions held in Special Collections, Central Library.
- Subject guides - these include lists of useful references and web sites (note: the subscription electronic databases and indexes are not accessible to Alumni).
Copying & Printing
Use your Graduate library card for photocopying and printing in the library.
Non-graduates can purchase photocopying cards from the uniPrint shop (Central Library, ground floor).
Credit can be added at the following places:
- uniPrint Shop (Central Library).
- Lending Desks (in all branch libraries).
- Autoloader in the Central Library computer area.
The University Library offers a number of exhibitions throughout the year. Entry is free.