Find services and resources to support your research. If you are a new researcher we recommend you consult the Research Lifecycle.
If you have any questions about support for your research, contact your Subject Librarian.
- Research Lifecycle
- Article databases
- Get It Interloan
- Library Search | Ketu
- Search the web
- E-journal list
- Thesis information
- Otago University Research Archive (OUR Archive)
- Managing your references
- Managing your research data
- Measuring research
- Scholarly communication
- Subject guides
- Archives / Manuscripts
- Pictures / Photographs
|Group||Loans||3 Day loan||Course Reserve (2 or 3 hour)||Interloan||Requests|
|PhD students, Masters|| |
|Graduates, ULANZ reciprocals|| |
|Type||Fine rate (per item)||Notes|
|Regular loan items||No fines||Applies to all|
|Recalled items||$3.00 per day||Applies to all|
|3 day loan items||$1.00 per day||Staff: no fines|
|High Demand items (Course Reserve)||$6.00 per hour (10 cents per minute)||Applies to all|
|Interloans||20 cents per day||Applies to all|
|Lost item replacement costs||$100.00 default + $25.00 Admin fee||Applies to all|
Difficulty accessing the library?
Do you have a disability, impairment, medical condition or injury that makes accessing the Library difficult?
Once you have registered with the Disability Information and Support service the Library is able to scan articles and chapters on your behalf and mail books to your home address. Register with the service: http://www.otago.ac.nz/disabilities/
The Library has staff and resources to support all areas of teaching and research.
- Contact your subject librarian: http://otago.libguides.com/liaison
- Consult a subject guide to get started on your topic: http://www.otago.libguides.com
- The Library also provides electronic resources to support study and research including e-books. Use the catalogue and limit to eBooks or eJournals for online resources: http://otago.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/primo_library/libweb/action/search.do?&vid=DUNEDIN
Facilities in the Library
- Central Library: Two study rooms equipped with specialist equipment, computer software and furniture.
- Health Sciences Library: One study room.
- All rooms are available during Library open hours.
- Access to these rooms is via swipe card to students registered with Disability Information & Support.
- Contact Disability Information & Support to arrange access and with any questions regarding use or maintenance of the equipment.