Library services and resources for Postgraduate study.
- Article Databases
- Document Delivery/Interloan form
- E-Journal list
- Subject Librarians
- Managing references
- Measuring Research
- Managing Your Research Data
- New Books
- Otago University Research Archive (OUR Archive)
- Recommend a Book
- Scholarly Communication
- Search the Web
- Subject Guides
- Borrowing entitlements
- Library bindery
- Library locations
- Maori Resources
- Distance Library Service
- Thesis information
Difficulty accessing the library?
Do you have a disability, impairment, medical condition or injury that makes accessing the Library difficult?
Once you have registered with the Disability Information and Support service the Library is able to scan articles and chapters on your behalf and mail books to your home address. Register with the service: http://www.otago.ac.nz/disabilities/
The Library has staff and resources to support all areas of teaching and research.
- Contact your subject librarian: http://otago.libguides.com/liaison
- Consult a subject guide to get started on your topic: http://www.otago.libguides.com
- The Library also provides electronic resources to support study and research including e-books. Use the catalogue and limit to eBooks or eJournals for online resources: http://otago.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/primo_library/libweb/action/search.do?&vid=DUNEDIN
Facilities in the Library
- Central Library: Two study rooms equipped with specialist equipment, computer software and furniture.
- Health Sciences Library: One study room.
- All rooms are available during Library open hours.
- Access to these rooms is via swipe card to students registered with Disability Information & Support.
- Contact Disability Information & Support to arrange access and with any questions regarding use or maintenance of the equipment.
Contact the library
- Course Reserve information for academic and teaching staff
- Document Delivery/Interloans
- Information Resources (for collection development)
- Subject Librarians
- Hocken Collections exhibitions
- Library latest news
- Special Collections exhibitions (Central Library)
The Library Postgraduate Workshops for Semester 2 will begin on the 6th August.
- 6th August: Library support at Otago - an interactive introduction to services and resources for postgraduate students.
- 13th August: Managing your references: Using Endnote to simplify the task of building a research library and citing references; plus how it works with Library resources.
- 20th August: Bibliometrics - tools that explain impact factors and ranking for what to read, and where to publish.
- 27th August: Surviving your thesis - an interactive workshop on thesis preparation, including copyright issues, writing, submitting and depositing.
As there are Divisional differences with the Bibliometrics and Using Endnote with Library Resources sessions, you will be directed to either a Science/Health-Science or a Commerce/Humanities session depending on your department.
Equivalent sessions for distance students will be held. Please email email@example.com