The OUR Journals service (OJS) supports Otago academic staff with making scholarly research available in an online environment. If you are setting up a journal at the University of Otago the Library can help.
If you are interested in setting up an online journal (open-access or subscription-based) OR you already have an online journal, based within your Department, the Library’s 'OUR Journals service' can assist you.
The Library’s OUR Journals service can:
- Provide expertise to enable you to set up your journal online.
- Provide the infrastructure for sharing your journal (using Open Journal Systems).
- Offer training in using OJS, enabling you to:
- control the content of your journal;
- publish issues independently;
- manage the design aspects of your journal.
- Host your journal and preserve journal content, including back-up.
- Support stability, by setting up unique Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs) for your journal.
We use the Open Journal Systems (OJS) software because it assists with every stage of the refereed publishing process from receiving submissions through to online publication.
- View an example Memorandum Of Understanding (MOU) with the Library (530KB PDF)
- Find out more about Open Journal Systems
For more information about the OUR Journals service contact your Subject Librarian
- Otago German Studies
- Aotearoa New Zealand Social Work
- Focus on Health Professional Education (FoHPE): A Multi-Disciplinary Journal
- MEDIANZ: Media Studies Journal of Aotearoa New Zealand
- Relegere: Studies in Religion and Reception
- Sites: a journal of social anthropology and cultural studies