Connect to Index New Zealand
Index New Zealand INNZ, produced by the National Library of New
Zealand, is a current subject index to the social sciences, arts,
humanities and general interest material published about New Zealand
and the South Pacific. Items from 1987 to the present are indexed.
Some pre-1987 items are added retrospectively.
Index New Zealand INNZ source materials:
- NZ popular periodical literature
- NZ professional and trade journals
- NZ scholarly journals in the arts and humanities and the social
- NZ newspapers
Subject areas include:
- Agriculture (including forestry);
- Arts [including language, literature, music (pop, jazz, classical),
theatre, architecture and philosophy];
- Economics (including management, marketing, commerce, banking,
business, accounting and finance);
- Environment (including conservation, pollution);
- Health (including psychology, occupational health, nutrition,
and alcohol and drug abuse);
- Maori (including archaeology);
- Medicine (including dentistry and nursing);
- New Zealanders (both well-known and local names from all fields
- Pacific Islands (including anthropology);
- Politics (including town planning, defence and industrial relations);
- Science (social aspects and teaching);
- Sociology (including religion, employment, crime, welfare,
family and youth);
- Sport (including sports medicine);
- Transport; and
- Tourism (management, training and service industries).
1987 - current
Help is available within the database.