GET IT INTERLOAN SERVICE
The Get It Interloan service enables library users to search for items, create requests for items not held in the Library, and monitor the progress of those requests.
Place a Get It Interloan request or renewal
First time using the 'Get It Interloan' service – Apply for a password
- Check the Library catalogue to see if it is held at the Robertson Library, or another University of Otago branch library.
- Sign-in to the Get It Interloan service [https://otago.vdxhost.com/zportal]
- Search for the book or journal title you want.
- Click Get It to place a request. The details of the item along with your details will automatically populate the request form.
- Fill in the part details for a journal article or book chapter.
- For loans, select your pickup location. Distance students select the 'Distance' pickup location and we will post the book to you.
- If you can't find what you are looking for click on create request and fill in a blank request form.
You can track your requests by selecting My requests.
The Get It Interloan service is to support research and teaching activities and cannot be used to source recreational reading material.
- All copies are FREE.
- All loans from NZ and Australia are FREE.
- Overseas loans (not available in NZ or Australia) are $25. This can be charged to a department, research grant or paid for personally. We will check with you first before sourcing an overseas item.
Get It Interloan for journal articles, book chapters and conference papers
Copies generally arrive with 2-3 working days. You will be emailed when the article has arrived;
- Click the link in the email to Sign-in to the Get It Interloan service.
- Select My requests to read and save your copy. Due to copyright restrictions the PDF will only remain in your account for ten days so we advise you to print or save the document as soon as you can. Copies are yours to keep.
Only one article from an issue of a journal may be requested at one time, or two articles if they are on the same topic.
Get It Interloan for books, microfiche, audiovisual material and theses
These are supplied as a loan which must be returned to the supplying library. Most loans are supplied for around one month and sometimes these can be renewed. Some loans will be supplied as 'Reference only' and must be used in the Library.
Loans generally arrive with 3-5 working days although may take longer if coming from overseas. We will email you when the book has arrived. The email will include the pickup location (which you would have selected when you placed the request) and the due date. We will post loans out to Distance students.
Theses - New Zealand theses are relatively easy to source at no cost to you. Theses from overseas institutions can be more difficult to source and often have to be purchased. Interloan staff will advise you of your options.
How do I renew my interloan book?
- Sign-in to the Get It Interloan system.
- Select My requests.
- Locate the request using the request number.
- Select Renew.
- You will be asked for a desired due date, one month from the day you apply is a reasonable period, or you can leave this blank.
- Your renewal request will go to the Library who supplied the interloan and they will approve the renewal and extend the due date, or they will decline the renewal which means you need to return it by the original date.
Where do I return interloaned books?
You can return your Interloan to any University of Otago branch library.
Who can use the Get It Interloan service?
- Otago Polytechnic staff.
- Otago Polytechnic Senior (Post Graduate) students. The collections of the Robertson Library are usually adequate to meet the demands of most courses at the introductory level.
Explanation of Get It Interloan statuses
- Request - Library staff are still to approve and action the request, or it has already been requested from a library
- Pending - The item has been requested and we are waiting for a response from the supplying library
- Answer - will supply - The supplying library has agreed to supply and is processing the request
- New - Could be several things, including:
1. A brand new request not yet approved or actioned by staff.
2. A request that we have decided to source from outside the system (usually an international request).
- Shipped - The supplying library has supplied but it has not yet arrived.
- Received - The interloan has arrived and being processed.
- Returned - The Interloan book has been returned to the supplying library.
How will you contact me?
Most of the time we will contact you via your Otago Polytechnic assigned email address. If you do not use this address you will need to set up an auto-forward from the Polytechnic email address to the email address you prefer to use.
This is a new service so we are keen to receive your feedback, comments and questions.
Contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 479 8376
Or contact the Flexible Delivery Services Librarian:
ext. (479) 5613