The Reserve Collection provides short term access to high demand material, such as textbooks and recommended readings.
There are two types of Reserve material:
- Items issued for 2 hours.
- Items issued for 3-Days. These items are inter-shelved in the main collection.
How to Borrow 2-hour Reserve Collection items
- Locate the item on the library's online catalogue (otago.lconz.ac.nz). Choose Course Reserve (the Course and Library search options are recommended). This will limit results to the Reserve Collection only.
- Check that there is a copy of the item not currently in use.
- Locate the item on the Reserve shelves.
- Take the item to the Lending Desk along with your student ID card.
Loan policies for Reserve Collection items
- Items may be booked for a specific time up to seven days in advance - please ask the Library staff about this.
- 2-hour items returned late incur a $0.05 fine after the first ten minutes, and an additional $0.05 cents per minute after that.
- 3-Day items returned late incur fines of $1 per day.
- Any booked items that are not picked up within 15 minutes of the booked time will be made available to other patrons.