The University of Otago Legal Issues Centre and Ngā Pae o te Māramatanga, New Zealand’s Māori Centre for Research Excellence are excited to co-host the 2017 Law and Society Association of Australia and New Zealand (LSAANZ) Conference at Otago University on the 6th-9th December 2017.
A Meeting Place for Interdisciplinary Explorations of Justice
We invite academics and postgraduate students from any discipline (including law, humanities, social sciences, sciences) whose research interests include law and society, to join us in in Dunedin from 6-9 December 2017. The conference will explore the important and inherent component of the law and society discipline: justice. Justice seeks a safe, fair and just society.
Calendar of events
The programme commences at 5:00pm Wednesday, 6 December and concludes Saturday, 9 December at 1:00pm.
A pre-conference Postgraduate Day will be held Wednesday 6 December 2017, 10:00am-4:30pm that is open to Postgraduate students.
We have an exciting range of speakers lined up for the conference:
- Professor Hilary Charlesworth, Melbourne Law School and Australian National University
- Professor Angela R. Riley, University California Los Angles
- Professor Brian Tamanaha, Washington University Law School
- Professor Tom Tyler, Yale University
- Judge Lisa Tremewan and Judge Heemi Taumaunu
For more information, please sign up to our email updates and we will let you know when dates are released for the:
• Call for Papers - Open 1 March - 14 July 2017
• Opening of Registrations
• Release of the full programme