The University of Otago Legal Issues Centre - Te Pokapū Take Ture and Ngā Pae o te Māramatanga, New Zealand’s Māori Centre for Research Excellence are excited to co-host the 2017 Law and Society Association of Australia and New Zealand (LSAANZ) Conference at Otago University on the 6th-9th December 2017.
A Meeting Place for Interdisciplinary Explorations of Justice
We invite researchers and postgraduate students from any discipline (including law, humanities, social sciences, sciences) who are interested in exploring an inherent component of the law and society discipline: justice. Themes include cultural, transitional, criminal, gender, environmental justice and justice institutions, practices and practitioners.
Calendar of events
This conference will provide a significant meeting place for those seeking interdisciplinary researched solutions for a safe, fair and just society. It is a coming together of people and ideas.
A pre-conference Postgraduate Day will be held Wednesday, 6 December 2017, 10:00am-4:30pm that is open to Postgraduate students.
The programme commences at 5:00pm Wednesday, 6 December and concludes Saturday, 9 December at 1:00pm.
The Conference dinner will be held at Ōtākou marae.
We have an exciting range of Keynote Speakers lined up for the conference:
- Professor Hilary Charlesworth, Melbourne Law School and Australian National University, Australia
- Professor Angela R. Riley, University California Los Angles, USA
- Professor Brian Tamanaha, Washington University Law School
- Judge Heemi Taumaunu, Rangatahi Courts, New Zealand
- Judge Lisa Tremewan, Waitakere District Court and Alcohol and Other Drug Treatment Court, New Zealand
- Professor Tom Tyler, Yale University, USA
For more information, please sign up to our email updates and we will let you know when dates are released for the:
• Call for Papers - Open 1 March - 14 July 2017
• Opening of Registrations
• Release of the full programme