LSAANZ Publication Prize
Nominations open until 1 July 2017
The LSAANZ Annual Publication Prize will be awarded for the most outstanding contribution to the field of law and society by an Australian or New Zealand scholar (whether by residence or birth) or whose work has a focus on these jurisdictions across three categories:
1. For a published scholarly book/monograph
2. For a published scholarly article/ book chapter
3. To an early career researcher (ECR) for work nominated for consideration under (1) or (2) above.
The nomination form, along with a PDF copy of the work nominated, must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before midnight AEST on 1 July 2017.
LSAANZ Postgraduate (Research Higher Degree) Student Travel Grants
LSAANZ is offering up to three small conference scholarships to assist Higher Degree Research students with costs of attending the conference. The scholarships will be up to $AUD850 for Australian Higher Degree Research students and up to $AUD400 for New Zealand Higher Degree Research students.
To qualify, students must:
- be enrolled in a Higher Degree Research qualification e.g. PhD or research Masters degree
- present a paper at the LSAANZ conference
- attend the LSAANZ Postgraduate Workshop on 6 December 2017
- attend the LSAANZ conference (7-9 December 2017)
- be unable to access funding from their home institution to support their attendance at the LSAANZ conference.
Higher Degree Research students from Arts and Social Sciences are particularly encouraged to apply. Scholarship recipients must attend the conference and present a paper to receive reimbursement of travel costs. Withdrawal or non-attendance will automatically forfeit entitlement to the scholarship.
Applications can be made by sending an abstract, travel costing, and a letter of support from the student’s primary supervisor (noting how presentation of a paper at LSAANZ relates to their scholarship and also noting that the student has no access to funds) by 14 July 2017 to
Applicants must all respond to the call for papers by 14 July 2017 and successful recipients will still be required to pay the conference registration fee.
Any queries about the scholarship should be directed to the President of the Law and Society Association Australia and New Zealand email@example.com
Ngā Pae o te Māramatanga Tertiary Student Travel Grants
Ngā Pae o te Māramatanga is offering travel grants to assist with the cost of Māori tertiary students attending the 2017 LSAANZ conference. These will be awarded on a competitive basis.
Please see the Nga Pae o te Maramatanga website for full information.