The Otago TAH license requires annual renewal before the end of March each year. This means users will need new licenses. How to update your license depends on what type it is.
We will put a notification on the home page of this site when the renewal is complete. After this notification do the below.
- Desktop top computer or one always on the University network: Concurrent License
- Do nothing!. These use a license server, so the server must be updated by the person operating it. If your matlab has expired get your IT staff to contact the person running the server that you are connected to.
- Laptops and those computers not connected to the campus network: Designated Computer License
After notification do one of the following
- If your licence has already expired Matlab should prompt you to update your licence the first time you use Matlab after we have renewed the TAH. So follow its instructions.
- If it is before the expiry date and the TAH has bee renewed by the Univeristy,then start matlab, under Help tab select Licensing/Update license, then click update and follow instructions
- or if this fails then ask ITS to email you a new license file. Use this file to activate either when asked or by selecting Help/Licensing/Acivate tab then select activate without the internet and browse to and select the new lincense file, as for new installation.
- Windows 7 users may find that despite updating the license is not renewed when they next start Matlab. In this case run Matalb as administrator (even if logged on as an administrator) by right clicking on the Matlab icon.