The MB ChB Curriculum Committee (MCC), previously known as the Faculty Curriculum Committee (FCC), provides overall supervision and coordination of the MB ChB curriculum and reports to Otago Medical School Academic Board.
The MCC delegates work to a suite of sub-committees which lead specific aspects of the curriculum and its delivery.
MCC Terms of Reference (MS Word)
• Friday 2 February 2018, 10.30am-3pm Dunedin, face-to-face
• Friday 23 March 2018, 9am-1pm By video
• Friday 20 April 2018, 9.30am-2pm Wellington, face-to-face
• Friday 25 May 2018, 9am-1pm By video
• Friday 20 July 2018, 10.30am-3pm Dunedin, face-to-face
• Friday 14 September 2018, 9am-1pm By video
• Friday, 26 October, 2018, 10am-2.30pm Christchurch, face-to-face
• Friday 7 December 2018, 10.30am-3pm Dunedin, face-to-face
The Masterplan for the Otago Medical Course of the Future aims to set the vision and direction of the medical course and highlights the many exciting changes and improvements that are taking place to enhance the quality of the Otago medical programme throughout the five years of the degree. It is aimed to guide those involved in designing, improving and delivering the course and should be referred to when considering changes. The first Masterplan was revised by the MB ChB Curriculum Committee (MCC) and endorsed by the OMS Executive following a review of the document and feedback from staff and student representatives. The Masterplan will be reviewed again in 2018.
MCC curriculum development projects
The Otago Medical School MB ChB Curriculum Map outlines the key elements of expected learning within the MB ChB programme.
MB ChB Curriculum Map Guide 2016 (PDF 800 KB)