Public health is a diverse and vital area, encompassing all aspects of our lives. It has been defined as the science and art of preventing disease, prolonging life, and promoting health through the organised efforts of society.
Issues and knowledge in public health are constantly evolving.
Otago Medical School offers you choice and flexibility. There are 21 papers in public health available at postgraduate level across our three campuses: Christchurch, Dunedin, and Wellington.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Public Health (PGCertPH)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Management (PGDipHealMgt)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Public Health (DPH)
- Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Master of Health Sciences endorsed in Health Management (MHealSc)
- PhD in Health Management
- PhD in Public Health
The Study Public Health website has further details about postgraduate study in public health at our Christchurch, Dunedin, and Wellington campuses.