The aims of the NCLR are to:
- conduct lifecourse research
- evaluate effective early life interventions that lead to sustainable positive outcomes throughout the lifecourse
- collaborate with internationally renowned lifecourse studies to build consensus around research findings to inform policy and practice
- work with community partners to help ensure that evidence generated from research has local relevance and can lead to translational outcomes
- support, utilise and extend New Zealand’s expertise as world leaders in life course research beyond our immediate borders.