Research in the National Centre for Peace & Conflict Studies
NCPACS is undertaking a range of research projects within New Zealand, the wider Asia-Pacific region and internationally.
Current research projects include:
- Causes of war, political and other violence
- Conflict analysis, including conflict resolution and conflict transformation
- Third party intervention, mediation, peacekeeping, and peacebuilding development
- Post-conflict state/institution building and reconciliation
- The theory and practice of non-violence religion and conflict
- The aesthetics of peace - how peace is understood in music, literature, film, theatre and the visual arts
- Peace, justice, community and wellbeing
- Peace through health
- Development and peacebuilding in South East Asia and East Asia and the South West Pacific
For an introduction to research by PhD, Masters and Postgraduate Diploma students at the Centre, view these powerpoint presentations.