The Faculty of Law, University of Otago, Buddle Findlay and Claro are pleased to offer a postgraduate-focused course in Health Systems Law.
This course is designed specifically for senior clinicians, board members, chief executives, and managers working in the health sector. Enrolment is also open to postgraduate law students and practising lawyers with an interest in the field of health law.
You should consider attending if you:
- Practise as a chief medical adviser, clinical director/leader or as a senior clinician in the New Zealand health sector (as a doctor, nurse, or other registered health practitioner)
- Serve as a board member, chief executive, or senior manager of a health sector organisation (including DHBs, private hospitals, and NGOs)
- Have worked as a senior clinician or manager in an overseas jurisdiction and wish to develop your knowledge of New Zealand health law
- Are undertaking vocational training in medical administration with the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators
- Are considering studying towards a post-graduate qualification in health law, such as a University of Otago Masters in Bioethics and Health Law.
The course will consist of 4 full days of intensive teaching. Each day will include lectures, case studies, and small group work, addressing the most important legal issues and challenges faced by the health sector.
Numbers are limited to allow plenty of interaction with presenters and other participants.
Participants will be expected to prepare for the course with pre-course reading, and will be assessed by examination at the end of the course.
Further information to enroll is available from the brochure.
|Date||Tuesday, 2 April 2013 - Friday, 5 April 2013|
|Time||8:30am - 5:30pm|
|Department||Faculty of Law|
|Location||The Small Lecture Theatre University of Otago Wellington School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Wellington, New Zealand.|
|Contact Name||Judy Woolley|
|Contact Phone||Tel: +64 4 499 4242|