Centre for Reproduction and Genomics 5th Annual Research Colloquium
Thursday 28 February 2013
Cullen Conference Centre, AgResearch Agricultural Centre, Puddle Alley, Invermay.
The Colloquium will showcase some of the exciting research being undertaken at or in association with the Centre.
Registration is essential
Please register no later than Tuesday 22nd February 2013.
You will receive confirmation of your registration via email.
- Laureate Prof. John Aitken, University of Newcastle, “Oxidative stress in the germ line and the origin of spontaneous mutations.”
- Dr Damian Dowling, Monash University, “Mitochondria, maternal inheritance, and the evolution of life histories.”
- Prof. Rossa Chiu,The Chinese University of Hong Kong, “Non-invasive prenatal diagnosis by circulating fetal DNA analysis: a tale that turned into a reality.”
- Dr Caroline Larsen, University of Otago, "Diet, GABA receptors, and maternal behavior."
- Assoc. Prof. Andrew Shelling, University of Auckland, “Ovarian function and failure: FOXL2 and granulosa cells.”
- Dr David Wells, AgResearch, “Genomic selection of bovine IVF embryos."
- Dr Anna Santure, University of Sheffield, UK, “Genomic dissection of the genetic architecture of clutch size and egg mass in a wild population of great tits.”
- Dr Patrice Rosengrave, University of Otago, “Do females control sperm velocity and fertilisation success in Chinook salmon?”
- Dr K. Ann Horsburgh, University of Otago, "The evolution of Africa’s domestic cattle: Evidence from complete mitochondrial genomes of modern and archaeological specimens."
- Assoc. Prof. Russell Poulter, University of Otago, “High throughput sequencing of Pseudomonas syringae pv actinidae and the origin of the New Zealand outbreak of kiwifruit bacterial canker.bacterial canker.”
|Date||Thursday, 28 February 2013|
|Time||9:30am - 5:30pm|
|Event Category||Health Sciences|
|Location||Cullen Conference Centre, AgResearch Agricultural Centre, Puddle Alley, Invermay|
|Contact Name||Charlene Gell|
|Contact Phone||03 479 3809|