Student Registrations for OUASSA 2017 have closed.
This year we have an intake of 62 students from 47 schools, including 21 Māori and 6 Pasifika students.
Applying for OUASSA
Applications and Nomination forms become available in mid-September and close mid-October.
To register for OUASSA you need to:
- Apply at the end of your Year 12 for Year 13
- Have a strong interest and passion for science
- Have potential to excel at NCEA Level 3 / New Zealand Scholarship equivalent
- Demonstrate commitment to follow through and complete tasks
- Show willingness to develop your communication and teamwork skills
- Be nominated by your school who must fulfil one or more of the following criteria:
- Small (< 150 pupils)
- Lower decile (1-6)
If that sounds like you then contact your school's Head of Science, who needs to complete a Student Nomination Form on your behalf and have it signed by your principal.
You will then need to complete a Student Application Form telling us about yourself and why you want to join the Academy.
We also ask that you write a short essay telling us your thoughts on Science in the 21st Century (full details are on the Student Application Form).
- Student Nomination Form
- Student Application Form
- Student Essay instructions
There are still a few places available for our Winter Teacher Workshops in July.