On-Campus Experience for Pacific secondary school students
Each year the Pacific Islands Centre at the University of Otago offers 20 Pacific secondary school students from around New Zealand the opportunity of a lifetime: to experience the University of Otago campus.
What is the On-Campus Experience?
- Recipients stay in a University Residential College and attend organised programmes on campus including Otago University Tertiary Information Day
- All expenses (travel, accommodation, programme activities & meals) will be paid for by the Pacific Islands Centre
- The next On-Campus Experience will take place on Sunday 11 - Tuesday 13 May 2014
Who can apply for the scholarships?
- The scholarships are only available to students of Pacific descent in Year 13 at school
- Applicants must write an essay on the following topic: NCEA - My plan on how to achieve excellence at the end of the year.
The essay should be between 750-1200 words and is to be written in English
- Since this will be during school term, applicants should seek permission to participate in this programme and get a reference from their school principal
- A recent passport sized photograph should be included with the application form and Level 2 NCEA (or alternative) results. A check list is provided with the application form to ensure that you send all information required to process the application
- The panel's decision is final
Apply for the On-Campus Experience for Pacific Secondary School Students
2014 Pacific on Campus Experience - Application Form, PDF:52.7KB
2014 Pacific on Campus Experience - Check List, PDF:36.4KB
2014 Pacific on Campus Experience - Poster, PDF: 1.65MB
The dates for the 2014 On Campus Experience are Sunday 11th May - Tuesday 13th May.
Note: Participation in the OCE does not guarantee entrance to the University of Otago or to a Residential College.