Each year the Pacific Islands Centre at the University of Otago offers 20 Pacific secondary school students from around New Zealand the opportunity of a lifetime: to experience the University of Otago campus.
What is the On-Campus Experience?
- Recipients stay in a University Residential College and attend organised programmes on campus including Otago University Tertiary Information Day
- All expenses (travel, accommodation, programme activities & meals) will be paid for by the Pacific Islands Centre
Who can apply for the scholarships?
- The scholarships are only available to students of Pacific descent in Year 13 at school
- Applicants must write an essay on the following topic: NCEA - My plan on how to achieve excellence at the end of the year.
The essay should be between 750-1200 words and is to be written in English
- Since this will be during school term, applicants should seek permission to participate in this programme and get a reference from their school principal
- A recent passport sized photograph should be included with the application form and Level 2 NCEA (or alternative) results. A check list is provided with the application form to ensure that you send all information required to process the application
- The panel's decision is final
Apply for the On-Campus Experience for Pacific Secondary School Students
2015 Applications are now closed
Note: Participation in the OCE does not guarantee entrance to the University of Otago or to a Residential College.
2015 Applications are now closed.