Hands-On Science Scholarships for Pacific secondary students
Hands-On Science is a programme intended to give students practical experience in research science. This kind of opportunity is usually only available to science graduate students.
The Hands-On Science fully-funded Pacific scholarships are awarded to 6 students each year and are intended to inspire and motivate our young people who have a passion for the sciences and wish to develop their knowledge and skills alongside other like-minded students.
About the Hands-On Science Pacific scholarship
- The University of Otago, in conjunction with its Pacific Islands Centre, offers the Pacific Islands Hands-On Science scholarships
- These are fully-funded scholarships that provide a wonderful opportunity for 6 students of Pacific Islands descent, entering Year 12 or 13, to participate in the Hands-On Science programme
- The successful applicants will travel to the University in Dunedin from the 11th-16th January 2015 to experience a week of serious fun!
- Hands-on Science is fully residential. Full board is provided at Arana College, a comfortable residential college adjacent to the University
- More information can be found on the Hands-On-Science website